Last year on our anniversary:
- We were pregnant (hugely pregnant) with exactly one month left to our baby's due date. Though we didn't know it at the time, we would be in the hospital exactly one month after our anniversary to have labor induced and have our little one join the world. What a journey it has been since then! I love being a mom and I know Leland loves being a dad (since I'm writing this alone I will put that in for him). Carter has blessed our lives and even though struggles have arisen from the stress of parenthood, I'm thankful to know I have a partner I can count on while we raise our son.
- We were getting ready to close on our house. While reading last year's anniversary post, I saw that I had written we were hoping to close on our house the following week. Well, that didn't happen. But we did evenutally close on our house (while in the hospital being induced, sheesh!). We love our little house and we (and by we, I mean Leland) have put a lot of work into it to make it our own. It's funny to look back on all the worrying and stress we let bother us last year and to realize how un-stressed we are now that we are settled in our home.
This past year has been more of a discovery for us as we've learned that love is infinite. I didn't know I could love as much as I do. My love for my family has grown exponentially since I became a mother. Every day I love Leland and Carter more than I did the day before. It's not always the way it is in the movies or in books (sometimes it is) but I climb into bed at the end of every day knowing I have an awesome sweetheart and the coolest kid around who both love me.
3 comments:
It's people like you who have this kind of view of life that give me hope and happiness.
I love you and your family, I am thankful to call daughter(I hate the in law part).
It's amazing how much our love for the kiddos grows so fast. With each of my boys, I've been amazed at how much love I could have for them and how it grows each day. Someday we'll come out and I'll get to meet Carter, he's so cute and looks like a ton of fun. :)
Post a Comment