Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Four Great Years!

Last week was our fourth anniversary and I have to say, it feels amazing.

We had a great time celebrating by going to see Phantom of the Opera at Gammage. Leland's first and only encounter with Phantom was the movie so he was excited to see it in person. He said he actually preferred it to the movie. I hadn't seen it in so long it was great to reexperience the magic of it all on stage. The flash of light and loud bang at the beginning of the overture startled me (and Carter) and got my eyes watering a little. Leland thought I was crying (maybe I was, a little). All in all it was a fantastic night and we had a wonderful evening together.

(Of course I don't have a picture of us at Phantom because I'm totally lame. Note to self: stop being lame and take more pictures.)

I've been contemplating the last four years of our lives and it feels pretty great! Of course we've had the little ups and downs, but never anything major. And then getting sealed in the Mesa Temple two years ago. Many struggles were placed in front of us as we made our journey towards the temple, but we overcame them all with each other and the Lord's help. There have been a few health scares (Leland's dirtbiking accidents, my heart condition and the procedures for that) but we've always come through.



Then our big surprise this year, a baby. I can't say enough how grateful I am that our prayers were answered regarding my heart condition before I got pregnant. That was biggest reason we pursued the most aggressive treatment option, so that it would never be an issue during a pregnancy. And so, even though we weren't making any baby plans, the Lord was watching out for us and taking care of things before we even knew we would need them. Not six months after my third and last procedure to stop the electrical "short circuits" in my heart, we were pregnant, and not of our own choosing. The Lord certainly does do things in his own time.

We're also excited to be buying our first home (hopefully to be closed on next Monday, the 23rd). This is a huge event for us and we're very grateful to be blessed with the opportunity and ability to do this, especially since our family is growing by one.

I'm starting to get a little teary eyed writing this (dang hormones!) but I just want to wrap it all up with how amazing my husband is. He is my rock and I can't imagine what my life would be without him. I'm so proud of all he's done for our family by finishing his Associate's program at ITT Tech last year and becoming an elder as we were preparing to go to the temple. I know he's going to be an amazing father to our son (and any other children we have). I'm so blessed to have him as my eternal companion and I'm excited for what our future will bring.

2 comments:

Ashley Benning said...

I enjoyed reading this. Having spent so much time with you two this past year, I've come to appreciate what a wonderful relationship you two have. Congrats on 4 years and here's to many more!

angie and tyler said...

You guys are awesome! as always.