Monday, October 5, 2009

Moving is a lot of work

We moved in with David and Lawanna over the weekend. Friday night was our last night sleeping in the apartment. I'm still getting used to being in a house with other people. I've had four years of just me and Leland so I never had to worry about being so quiet in the morning or late at night.

The apartment is pretty much empty now. I have a few last things to get into a "miscellaneous" box but it's down to bare bones. It's been really great that David and Lawanna were willing to clean our their gym room and let us invade their house. My parents volunteered to have us stay with them but it ended up being less of an intrusion to be at the Daniel home since they just have one left at home (Bryan) and my parents have three.

Also yesterday I worked our annual Fire Prevention Week Kick-off which was fun, but tiring. At least I earn time and a half and I can save it up for my maternity leave. Here I am eating a popscicle trying to keep cool. The weather was great but it got warm a few times when the wind died down.



Here's our fire chief in the dunk tank to raise money for a local charity. He was such a good sport; the two firefighter clowns that were running around the event decided to shovel a ton of ice into the dunk tank when it was announced that Chief Campbell was going into the tank.




No comments: