Okay, so here's the thing...I have a tiny house, I LOVE our house, but there's no bones about it, it's tiny. So when people ask about our house and I tell them it's 1300 square feet, 4 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms, I usually hear, "What?!? 4 bedrooms? Where's the fourth bedroom?"
Once upon a time, there was a little family, a daddy, a mommy, and 1 super adorable baby boy. They bought a little house for their little family and moved all their stuff in. But where, oh where, to put all that extra stuff that never has a home. "I know, we'll put it all in that other room down the hall. You know, the one those crazy people who lived here before us painted dark blue and sponge painted? We don't need to do anything in there for awhile, so we'll just put all our extra stuff in there for now." I don't remember who said this exactly, but it was said nonetheless.
The mommy and daddy were trying to share the same office for awhile, but with a fish tank and two computer desks it was starting to get crowded in there. And the mommy didn't have a place she could do anything with all of her craft stuff. So they decided it was time to change the fourth room into another office. One office for each of them, because they each had a lot of stuff for their respective hobbies and nobody was able to work on anything.
That's the story of the fourth room, and here are the pictures of the story thus far...
This is the view from the hallway. Nice paint job, no?
And the wallpaper border? Somebody really liked sports. (*gag*)
We took the doors off the closet and I moved all those boxes out.
This was taken after I had gone through this stuff for the hundredth time and had gotten rid of even more.
After Leland got the support framing in place. Sorry there are no "in progress" pictures. He textured and primed it on Saturday with Trent, and before I got home on Monday he was already almost finished with painting the yellow. He's THAT good!
The "dry fit" of the countertop desk. We got a piece of countertop for FREE leftover from somebody's work (I'm not telling who, hehe) and Leland cut it down to size. The holes were already in there for cords/cables, etc which is nice because the iMac will be in here and all the cords can go through the holes!
And here is that cute baby boy I mentioned earlier.
This desk is so strong it can hold all 25 lbs. of this massive kid. Love that smile!
So Leland and Trent are going to run an electrical outlet so I have power and also put in a light on the same switch as the light on the ceiling fan so I have can "frighten away the ghosts of so many years ago with a little ILLUMINATION!" (Sorry, I couldn't resist the Phantom reference when talking about illumination.)
The reasoning behind the built-in closet desk is that these rooms are 10x10, which doesn't leave room for much else. We have a daybed for guests (Thanks Melgozas!) and a bookcase and tv stand as well. I couldn't figure out where to put a desk and I didn't want to get rid of any furniture. I think I'm going to put a curtain in front of the desk opening so that it can be hidden away from guests who stay with us.
I'm still waffling on a paint color for the walls in the rest of the room. I don't want it to be major league girly because we may have to combine offices in the future when another baby comes along and needs that other room. On the other hand, it's just paint and it could be changed in the event of offices combining.
I've been thinking about either a light sage green OR a muted heather purple. Thoughts?




6 comments:
That's exciting! I like green in homes....it's supposed to be calming :) But you could always go with Grandma Burgess's standby of "Swiss Coffee" (just kidding).
My vote is for the light sage color. I AM a bit partial, though. (It's the color I have been searching for to paint on the walls for our new baby's room.)
I vote green as well.
Also, I laughed when you mentioned temporary things go in that room because my mom and Laura have slept in there. :))
Yeah, I have slept in there. I would go with the green. Just make sure it's light enough so it doesn't feel like a cave, that's the last thing you want to feel like when you are in an office space.
I love you 4th room!! It really will be great when you are through. I am sure I do not even need to cast my vote, I say go green!
How awesome to have a guest room slash office. Paint it, quick...I'm having bad flashbacks of a house we rented in Dallas. It was like that. We bought our own paint and painted just so we could stand to live there. ha ha ha!
Post a Comment