Doesn't it always seem like your linen closet always needs an overhaul? Mine does.
And I've been on a bit of an organizing/decorating the house kick recently and reading blogs like this, and this that sometimes have pictures of projects that they've done in their homes. I just like reading about what other people have done. I don't usually get great ideas by myself. I'm a copier. I see what someone else has done and then twist it to fit what I need.
So when I saw the most recent Better Homes and Gardens special publication (it's all about storage, organization, and decorating in small spaces...like my house) and saw a photo of a beautiful linen closet all clean and organized with bins and dividers I thought, "THAT'S my next project!"
Here's the cover in case anyone wants to go buy it. It was $5.99 and totally worth it in my opinion.
Here's the cover in case anyone wants to go buy it. It was $5.99 and totally worth it in my opinion.
This is the first page I flipped to (and the inspiration for this project) while I was in line at Walmart to check out. I actually ran back into the Walmart to pick out some bins I had seen earlier while Leland unloaded our groceries. I knew I liked those bins for a reason.
Our hall linen closet is smallish; it fits in between Carter's room and the 2nd bathroom in the hallway. I feel lucky to have a linen closet, since neither of our apartments had a big enough storage area for all the linens to have a home. I like it when things have a "home" that way they don't float around my house from one flat surface to another. You know what I'm talking about if you've ever been to my house.
So here's the {almost} finished product! I still need to get labels made and slipped in to the slots of all the bins and I still need to find a basket that will fit on the floor inside the closet for towels, but it was a serious improvement to all the random stacks of stuff that had been unceremoniously shoved into this closet just so it wasn't out where people could see it (another of my less than favorable traits, when people come over I hide my clutter instead of actually doing something about it...eek!). But hopefully now that won't happen anymore. Because I won't want to mess up all the work I did in here. It's SO much better!

5 comments:
Looks great! I'm jealous that you have a linen closet. My poor linens live in a tub in the garage, and I rotate them with the seasons. Good WORK!!!!
I have to admit, you're not alone, I hide my clutter from visitors too...maybe it's a family trait...the closet looks great. I need to borrow some of your incentive and work on my closets.
I love your closet!! Good job, I really have been trying to get my creating room better organized. You are helping to inspire me. Thanks!
looks great!
You are such a home pro! Looks spiffy. Can't wait to see it in person!
Post a Comment