Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Catching Up

So Sunday was the series finale of Lost and I'm sad that it's come to an end. I won't post any spoilers for those who may not have watched it yet. Just know that there better be some kind of tell all special that reveals all the little interconnections and "easter eggs" (as I like to call them). It would be nice to get a little more back story on some characters like Libby since we never really found out why she was in the mental hospital or if she was actually a clinical psychologist (I kind of always felt like maybe she was lying about that as part of her crazy). Anyway, I'll be rewatching the whole thing now and taking copious notes to find all the easter eggs. Here's a little tidbit for you: did you realize how many times the number 23 popped up? In season 6 we discover what 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 means (sort of) and that 23 is Jack's number. One of the times it popped up was the gate number flight 815 departed from. Coincidence? There's no such thing on this show. If you decide you want to be crazy like me and rewatch the whole series, pay attention to stuff like that and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Now back to reality...we've been kind of busy (hence the lack of recent posts).

Our truck was stolen from Leland's work parking lot at the end of April. The most common response to our telling people this was, "AGAIN?!?" Yes, again. For those of you who don't know, Leland's truck was stolen from his school parking lot 2 years ago; we'd had it for 5 months. A few weeks ago Pima County Sherrifs recovered it on the outskirts of Tucson. The scratches/dents to the exterior, a huge dent in the top of the cab, all the electronics stolen, and a broken/cracked heater core brought the damages total to over $10,000. Needless to say they are going to be paying us the blue book value and we'll be buying a new one.

Not only was there the damage, but the thieves put around 1200 miles on it in the week or so that they had it. It also had Mexican money and cookies inside when it was found. I guess we'll never really be sure how many times it crossed the border, but I think we can safely say that it did without presuming too much.

On to some happier business, our little guy, Carter, is growing like crazy. He was 16 lbs at his 4 month checkup and at 5 months and 1 week I could no longer button the bottoms of his 6-9 month outfits. That's right, my 5 month old child is wearing 12 months clothes. I don't put too much stock in the age portion of the sizing, but he does seem to fit right into the weight/length bracket they put on the labels.

He's also eating real food now. He struggled at first with how liquidy the cereal had to be, but he's got the hang of it now and he really enjoys eating his apples, peaches, and pears with a little cereal mixed in. He's such a good eater and not very messy anymore. That first try was SO messy.


Cutest smile ever!


Here's a video of him I took when I was trying to have us take a nap together. We never did get that nap.

3 comments:

angie and tyler said...

little stinker!

Daniel doings said...

He is too cute for words!!!! I love him!!!

Rushele said...

Cute little man!! Can't believe how big he's getting....they grow up WAY too fast!