Monday, August 17, 2009

24 weeks and counting...

Today we have reached 24 weeks (16 to go) in the pregnancy. Man, does this little guy like to punch and kick his mommy. You can find Leland and I most evenings laying on the couch together which gives Leland lots of chances to feel our little guy moving around. My mom finally got to feel him. She actually felt a little one and then a couple minutes later happened to catch one of his big ones and boy, was she surprised how hard he kicks. It amazes me every time he gets on a roll and I have to stop whatever I'm doing and just look down at my belly. I even started seeing his kicks pop up all over my tummy, it's so fun to watch.

This past week has been fairly relaxed but mentally hectic. Allow me to elaborate...

I was able to spend some time with my coworkers at a Girls' Night get-together on Tuesday which was very fun. I don't usually see them outside of work though a few of us do regular lunch dates.

Thursday night was Beauty and the Beast at Hale Theatre which was enjoyed by all. Leland especially like LeFou (Gaston's lacky) and I enjoyed the music/singing. I've never heard any of the additional music that was added for the Broadway show so I had fun hearing all the new (to me) songs.

Friday night we watched Coraline with Tyler and Angie at their place. Definitely not a children's movie, but I really liked it. It's very Tim Burton, except for all the color (and no Johnny Depp). I think I'll be adding it to our movie library.

Saturday morning mom and I met and drove together to Kara's baby shower. One of the games was to cut a piece of string to guess the size of the mommy-to-be's belly. I looked at Kara, then looked at myself and decided to measure my own belly as my guess. My string was 3 inches longer than hers!!! And she's due in 3 weeks while I still have 16 to go. Someone explain this to me, please!

Saturday night was a spontaneous trip to the drive-in movie with Leland's sister, Ashley and her friends. We saw G.I. Joe and Transformers (I had trouble keeping my gaze from drifting over to the Time Traveler's Wife screen). I had a blast! Not only has it been forever since I've done a drive-in movie, but I've never been to one with Leland. I definitely want to make this a regular occurence, but we need camping chairs or something because my pregnant back was not appreciating sitting in the bed of the truck through two movies, even though I was sitting on much blanket and pillows.

Now for the mentally hectic week: We are moving in approximately 7-8 weeks and I haven't started packing or found us a house to rent. Everyone I call says I'm looking too early and they don't even want to show me their properties, but if they need 3-4 weeks to process my application than don't I need to be looking now??? It's very frustrating. Today's errands include going by Uhaul to get a few boxes and start the packing of the office. I just hope everything with this move works out smoothly because I can't handle any extra stress.

1 comment:

Daniel doings said...

I absolutley love going to the Drive-In movies, they are a blast. I have many memories of going as a young girl all the way up till now. Love ya, Mom