Back at work again on Monday and I'm a little overwhelmed. I had to get map books copied and bound (of a neighboring city) so they could be distributed today; that took all morning. And because I'm leaving for a week of vacation, I've got to push my deadline up for sending my updated data to Mesa for the new dispatch maps. I was supposed to have another week after I got home from vacation to get that done, but he pushed up the deadline to while I'm gone, so I guess I've got to get it to him before I leave.
Mixed in with my deadline for work, I need to get my Mythology homework done for this week, because I certainly don't want to have to do it on the trip.
Now that I've ranted, I can talk all about how much I'm looking forward to this trip to Portland, OR and Forks, WA. Mom and I will be flying out on Thursday and meeting everyone else in the group (a few of the Bennings and some other friends) in Portland for the first leg of the trip. Friday we'll drive up to Forks. I'm so glad that my mom is able to come with us. This is going to be so great for us to spend time together and for her to have a chance to really relax. She's excited since this will kind of be my "last hurrah" as I'm going to be a little more confined in my vacation taking ability once the baby comes.
Now to catch up on what's happened since my last post: We had our Level 2 ultrasound last week on Tuesday which was quite fun. Both grandmas (Lisa and Lawanna) were able to come with me and Leland and we'll all enjoyed being able to see our little man in all his glory. Apparently, the tech at our first ultrasound wasn't able to get the angle right while viewing his heart, so they wanted to do another one to get all the pictures in detail. I'm not complaining. It's made it feel a little more real being able to see him. I still don't quite believe it and even though I'm constantly feeling all his little pokes and kicks now, I still have trouble imagining that in about 20 weeks I'm going to be holding a tiny person in my arms.
Schoolwork has been a struggle since I've been so preoccupied and, let's face it, just plain tired. I need to be better at not procrastinating until the last minute. At least it's online and I don't have to go to campus or anything, but the reading is quite time consuming.
Speaking of reading, I reread the Harry Potter books over the last couple of weeks (well, I listened to the audiobooks at work, it just makes the day go faster) starting with Half-Blood Prince. Then continued to 7, the Deathly Hallows, and back to the beginning with 1 through 5. I'm hoping to get through Half-Blood Prince one more time before seeing the movie on Wednesday afternoon. I wanted to see it at midnight on Tuesday night, but I don't think I could function at work the next day with how tired I've been lately. Some of the photos for the movie look great, so I hope they do it justice.
2 comments:
So why Oregon & Washington for vacation? Could this have anything to do with the beloved Twilight series?
I had no idea you guys were leaving for vacation this week, have tons of fun!!!!
We're glad you guys could come last night too! It's always fun to have all of us together for dinners.
Did you get your books finished before the movie? Have a fun trip!!! Don't get bit by the vampires.
Post a Comment